Looks like another one has bit the dust! The Apollo was a long-time favorite of Big Bend anglers, and the only ‘head boat’ left between Tarpon Springs and Panama City. According to my sources, the signs are down and the boat’s gone.
Order Books Here!
These books make great birthday, holiday or anytime gifts for that hard-to-please fisherman! There's fisherman-friendly information about Florida's Gulf coast from Homosassa to Pensacola in the "Big Bend and Emerald Coast" book and information from Homosassa to the Everglades in the "Tampa Bay and Southwest Florida" book. Both include 'how-to' and 'where-to' fish, marine facilities, lodging and food, and a listing of local professional fishing guides. And, as a bonus, there's lots of information about fish species (and how to catch them), tackle, rigging, hiring a guide, party boats, and a list of offshore reefs and wrecks (with GPS coordinates). Find the books at local tackle shops and book stores, and from Amazon.com using the direct order links above.
...and don't forget the guide project sponsors!
- March 2014 Fishing Outlook, Crystal River and Homosassa, from Capt. Kyle Messier
- Marina at Edison Ford Winter Estates, Fort Myers, to open in March 2014
- Volunteers Needed for 2014 Oyster Reef Project on Tampa Bay
- Homosassa Fishing Report, March 3, 2014, Capt. Don Chancey
- Get hooked by The Lure of Florida Fishing–New Exhibit at the Museum of Florida History, Tallahassee. March 23, 2014-August 26, 2014
- Snook to reopen in Gulf state waters, March 1, 2014
- Gulf reef fish workshops scheduled for March 2014
- Englewood/Placida/Boca Grande Fishing Report, Capt. Van Hubbard, 2/23/14
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 2/21/2014
- Tampa Outdoors Expo & Boat Show Feb. 28-March 2, 2014
- Gulf Council to Hold Public Hearings on Red Snapper Allocation – March, 2014
- Free Kids’ Fishing Clinic promises day of learning, fun–February 22, 2014
- Marine Flea Market, Mangrove Creek Outfitters, Chiefland, March 22, 2014
- 23rd Annual Boating Show, Miller’s Boating Center, Ocala–Feb 28-March 2, 2014
- Scalloping 101
- FWC proposes 2014 Gulf recreational red snapper season, Feb 13, 2014
- Captain’s Cove Outfitters–Tackle and Bait in Inglis, FL
- Landmark Vision for Saltwater Recreational Fisheries Management Unveiled by Policy and Industry Experts
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 2/9/2014
- Florida FWC to Meet in Tampa, Feb. 12-13, 2014