Looks like another one has bit the dust! The Apollo was a long-time favorite of Big Bend anglers, and the only ‘head boat’ left between Tarpon Springs and Panama City. According to my sources, the signs are down and the boat’s gone.
These books make great birthday, holiday or anytime gifts for that hard-to-please fisherman! There's fisherman-friendly information about Florida's Gulf coast from Homosassa to Pensacola in the "Big Bend and Emerald Coast" book and information from Homosassa to the Everglades in the "Tampa Bay and Southwest Florida" book. Both include 'how-to' and 'where-to' fish, marine facilities, lodging and food, and a listing of local professional fishing guides. And, as a bonus, there's lots of information about fish species (and how to catch them), tackle, rigging, hiring a guide, party boats, and a list of offshore reefs and wrecks (with GPS coordinates). Find the books at local tackle shops and book stores, and from Amazon.com
...and don't forget the guide project sponsors!
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 11/27/2016
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 10/15/2016
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Jensen Beach & Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 10/8/2016
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota Bay, FL Fishing Report for 10/1/2016
- Fishing Pine Island Sound and Matlacha Pass by Hobie “Pedal” Craft!
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 6/11/2016
- HURRY! Enter TODAY! The 2016 CCA Florida STAR TOURNAMENT Is Up and Running!
- Thoughts Regarding Table Value of Smoothback Pufferfish
- Reboot the Fishing Calendar–Capt. Ray Markham, April 22, 2016
- Redfish daily bag limit in Natural North Florida’s Big Bend/Emerald Coast to change to 1 fish per person May 1. 2016
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota & Gasparilla Sound, FL Fishing Report for 3/6/2016
- Florida Sportsman West Central Florida Fishing 4Cast–Capt. Ray Markham
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota & Terra Ceia Bay, FL Fishing Report for 2/28/2016
- Season opener bite for snook could be hot with warm weather- By Ray Markham
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota & Gasparilla Sound, FL Fishing Report for 1/23/2016
- Chilling thoughts for winter fishing–By Capt. Ray Markham
- Derelict Crab Trap Removal Event on Tampa Bay Jan. 23, 2016
- Making the most of winter fishing days — By Ray Markham
- 2015 Reflections and New Year’s Fishing Resolutions– By Capt. Ray Markham
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 12/27/2015