Looks like another one has bit the dust! The Apollo was a long-time favorite of Big Bend anglers, and the only ‘head boat’ left between Tarpon Springs and Panama City. According to my sources, the signs are down and the boat’s gone.
Order Books Here!
These books make great birthday, holiday or anytime gifts for that hard-to-please fisherman! There's fisherman-friendly information about Florida's Gulf coast from Homosassa to Pensacola in the "Big Bend and Emerald Coast" book and information from Homosassa to the Everglades in the "Tampa Bay and Southwest Florida" book. Both include 'how-to' and 'where-to' fish, marine facilities, lodging and food, and a listing of local professional fishing guides. And, as a bonus, there's lots of information about fish species (and how to catch them), tackle, rigging, hiring a guide, party boats, and a list of offshore reefs and wrecks (with GPS coordinates). Find the books at local tackle shops and book stores, and from Amazon.com using the direct order links above.
...and don't forget the guide project sponsors!
- Get ready for Steinhatchee- Jena area Paddling Adventures October 2-5, 2014
- Florida Red Tide Remains Offshore, August 2014
- TIGHTEN THE DRAG FOUNDATION INSHORE FISHING TOURNAMENT, 9/17/14, ST. PETE
- Gulf Red Snapper Workshop Slated for St. Petersburg, Florida, Aug. 11, 2014
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 7/27/2014
- Capt. Andy Cotton’s Sarasota Fishing Forecast for August 2014
- Steinhatchee/Taylor County Scallop Report, July 23, 2014
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 7/20/2014
- Court Upholds Florida Gill Net Ban, July 8, 2014
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 7/5/2014
- Capt. Ray Markham’s West Central Florida Fishing Journal- July 4, 2014
- Mexico Beach Fishing Tournaments, 2014
- SeaTow Urges July 4 Boating Safety
- Scallops “In The Raw”….Try Ceviche This Season!
- Grab your mask and summon your adventurous spirit! Join us under the sea as we search for the elusive bay scallop in Charlotte Harbor! But don’t wait too late — space is limited!
- Pitch in for Tampa Bay Cleanup July 12, 2014
- Citrus and Taylor County Scalloping Guide Available, Summer 2014
- Looking For A Simply Devilish Summer Dinner?–Try Scallops Fra Diavolo
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 6/15/2014
- Wakulla and Franklin County to Get More Artificial Reefs, Summer 2014