Looks like another one has bit the dust! The Apollo was a long-time favorite of Big Bend anglers, and the only ‘head boat’ left between Tarpon Springs and Panama City. According to my sources, the signs are down and the boat’s gone.
Order Books Here!
These books make great birthday, holiday or anytime gifts for that hard-to-please fisherman! There's fisherman-friendly information about Florida's Gulf coast from Homosassa to Pensacola in the "Big Bend and Emerald Coast" book and information from Homosassa to the Everglades in the "Tampa Bay and Southwest Florida" book. Both include 'how-to' and 'where-to' fish, marine facilities, lodging and food, and a listing of local professional fishing guides. And, as a bonus, there's lots of information about fish species (and how to catch them), tackle, rigging, hiring a guide, party boats, and a list of offshore reefs and wrecks (with GPS coordinates). Find the books at local tackle shops and book stores, and from Amazon.com using the direct order links above.
...and don't forget the guide project sponsors!
- Homosassa Inshore Fishing Weekly Report, December 9, 2013, Capt. William Toney
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 12/7/2013
- Investigate the Inside of Cedar Key’s Islands and Find Seatrout and Redfish
- TOP CAMPING ATTRACTIONS FOR 2014 WINTER VISITORS IN FLORIDA’S CHARLOTTE HARBOR AND THE GULF ISLANDS
- Homosassa Fishing Report, 12/1/13, from Capt. William Toney
- “Home Safe” For The Holidays–A Guide to Boating Safety Gifts
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 11/30/2013
- Snook harvest seasonal closure in Gulf starts Dec. 1, 2013
- Florida Removes Venting Tool Requirement for Reef Fishes
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 11/23/2013
- Using Nautical Charts (and Variations)
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 11/17/2013
- Eating Well at Punta Gorda–Lots of Opportunities!
- New (2013) Artifical Reefs off of Horseshoe Beach – GPS coordinates
- Improvements to Boat Ramp at Jena in Dixie County to be Completed December 2013
- Sand Trout/Silver Trout Invade the Flats of Taylor County!
- Florida Net Ban Back in Action, November 7, 2013
- Florida’s Ding Darling Kids Fishing Derby Nov. 9, 2013 at Sanibel Island
- Keaton Beach Marina, Motel and RV Park Under New Managment, November 1, 2013