Looks like another one has bit the dust! The Apollo was a long-time favorite of Big Bend anglers, and the only ‘head boat’ left between Tarpon Springs and Panama City. According to my sources, the signs are down and the boat’s gone.
Order Books Here!
These books make great birthday, holiday or anytime gifts for that hard-to-please fisherman! There's fisherman-friendly information about Florida's Gulf coast from Homosassa to Pensacola in the "Big Bend and Emerald Coast" book and information from Homosassa to the Everglades in the "Tampa Bay and Southwest Florida" book. Both include 'how-to' and 'where-to' fish, marine facilities, lodging and food, and a listing of local professional fishing guides. And, as a bonus, there's lots of information about fish species (and how to catch them), tackle, rigging, hiring a guide, party boats, and a list of offshore reefs and wrecks (with GPS coordinates). Find the books at local tackle shops and book stores, and from Amazon.com using the direct order links above.
...and don't forget the guide project sponsors!
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota and Venice, FL Fishing Report for 4/20/2014
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota and Venice, FL Fishing Report for 4/13/2014
- Spring means return of Spanish mackerel to north Florida waters
- April 2014 Fishing Forecast, Crystal River, from Capt. Kyle Messier
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota & Gasparilla Sound, FL Fishing Report for 4/6/2014
- Free Fishing Days Set For Florida, 2014
- Old Salt King of the Beach Tournament, May 1-3, 2014
- Gag Grouper Season Opens Soon! April 1-June 30 in state waters off of Franklin, Wakulla, Taylor and Jefferson counties
- Forgotten Coast Paddle Jam 2014, Franklin County, FL
- 16th Annual Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show, April 19, 2014
- March 24, 2014 Fishing Report, Capt. Van Hubbard, Placida and Englewood
- Boat Ramp Parking Expanded at Keaton Beach in Taylor County
- 3rd Annual Nature Coast Challenge–Kayak Fishing Tournament, April 26, 2014, Yankeetown
- Enlarged and Improved Boat Ramp at Jena, on Steinhatchee River, Now Open–March 2014
- THE “NET’ PROFIT–A Cast Net Primer From Capt. Rick Burns
- Florida’s Big Bend Flats Come Alive After a Cool Winter…
- Cross City’s Historic Putnam Lodge to Re-Open in April 2014
- Sailfish: State’s saltwater fish offers on-the-water excitement
- The Advantages of Using Plastic Shrimp Instead of the Real Thing
- Alachua Farm and Lumber–Despite The Name A Great Tackle Shop!