Looks like another one has bit the dust! The Apollo was a long-time favorite of Big Bend anglers, and the only ‘head boat’ left between Tarpon Springs and Panama City. According to my sources, the signs are down and the boat’s gone.
Order Books Here!
These books make great birthday, holiday or anytime gifts for that hard-to-please fisherman! There's fisherman-friendly information about Florida's Gulf coast from Homosassa to Pensacola in the "Big Bend and Emerald Coast" book and information from Homosassa to the Everglades in the "Tampa Bay and Southwest Florida" book. Both include 'how-to' and 'where-to' fish, marine facilities, lodging and food, and a listing of local professional fishing guides. And, as a bonus, there's lots of information about fish species (and how to catch them), tackle, rigging, hiring a guide, party boats, and a list of offshore reefs and wrecks (with GPS coordinates). Find the books at local tackle shops and book stores, and from Amazon.com using the direct order links above.
...and don't forget the guide project sponsors!
- Updated Steinhatchee Guides List, October 2014
- Capt. Andy Cotton’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Forecast October 2014
- Capt. Andy Cotton’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report 9/15/14
- “A Reel Future” Fishing Fund Raiser, October 12, 2014, Clearwater
- 2014 MCFF/CCA “Fall Fly Fishing Challenge”
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 9/20/2014
- Steinhatchee River Designated Florida’s 50th State Paddling Trail
- King Mackerel Seminar in Panama City Beach Sept. 13, 2014
- CB’s Saltwater Outfitters Orvis-Endorsed Fly Fishing School-Nov. 22, 2014
- Tips from Yamaha on Understanding Marine Electrical Systems
- Capt. Andy Cotton’s Sarasota Fishing Forecast for September 2014
- August 2014 Fishing Report, Robinson Brothers Guide Service, Apalachicola
- Relay For Life 3rd Annual Fall Family* Fishing Tournament, October 4, 2014
- Get ready for Steinhatchee- Jena area Paddling Adventures October 2-5, 2014
- Florida Red Tide Remains Offshore, August 2014
- TIGHTEN THE DRAG FOUNDATION INSHORE FISHING TOURNAMENT, 9/27/14, ST. PETE
- Gulf Red Snapper Workshop Slated for St. Petersburg, Florida, Aug. 11, 2014
- Capt. Rick Grassett’s Sarasota, FL Fishing Report for 7/27/2014
- Capt. Andy Cotton’s Sarasota Fishing Forecast for August 2014
- Steinhatchee/Taylor County Scallop Report, July 23, 2014